OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PII"PII" is generally defined as information that may be able to identify you such as, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card number, social security number, bank account number or code, photograph, or age, among other things. We only collect PII that you voluntarily provide to us.
- facilitate the check-in and check-out process and allow you to purchase or reserve add-ons such as meals, parking, etc.;
- respond to your questions or comments;
- send you room reservation confirmations and other scheduling information related to your stay as well as information on the Hotel and surrounding area;
- manage event bookings, including to manage the guest list, catering needs, attendance monitoring, etc.;
- provide and administer services such as concierge services, child care, gyms and health club usage, spas, sport and other recreational activities (including equipment rentals), business center, restaurant and other food/beverage services, and gift shops;
- sign you up for our email mailing list so we can send you marketing and survey communications;
- identify your reservations and verify your authority to use the Site or Hotel facilities;
- enter you in Hotel contests and promotional activities;
- better understand how we are doing as a business;
- respond to and process requests from you for event or meeting proposals;
- send you a requested copy of the Hotel's meetings/planner brochure;
- improve the content and general administration of the Hotel and our Site;
- troubleshoot technical problems or issues with the Site or the Hotel's computer systems;
- conduct data analysis;
- retain customer service records and monitor customer service performance and standards;
- process the purchase of a Hotel gift certificate;
- assist in collection efforts;
- prevent fraud and/or abuse related to Hotel services, including by use of CCTV in public places, keycard readers, and other technology for security, crime prevention, and investigation purposes;
- comply with applicable laws and requirements;
- if provided by you, we use your health information in order to better serve you and any particular needs you may have; and
- through your interaction with our social media pages (and consistent with your settings for those pages) for the purposes of communicating with you and learning more about you, such as but not limited to, your activities, interests, locations, friends, and status (please be mindful that social media sites have their own terms and privacy policies that you are subject to when interacting with one of our pages).
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF ANONYMOUS DATA"Anonymous Data" refers to general information that does not identify you personally (unlike PII), including clicks, pages views and durations, IP address, referral links, use of particular services, and interest in services, information or features of the Site or other parties made available through or found at the Site. Anonymous Data is automatically collected by our servers when you visit the Site, including through the use of technology such as cookies and web beacons. We may use and share Anonymous Data as we deem useful in our sole discretion, including to operate, maintain, develop, market and improve the Site, our Hotel, and our services.
- Allow our advertising/marketing vendors to recognize cookies on your browser when you visit the Site. This assists our advertising/marketing vendors with determining if you reached the Site by clicking on a specific ad and/or to track your responses to Hotel advertisements served on third party sites. It may also reveal if a Site reservation was executed.
- Determine your technical ability to receive HTML emails. The pixel tag allows us to know if an email sent to you is opened and marks email addresses as ones that can receive HTML emails.
- Determine how many users open a specific email. This allows us or our email vendor to collect anonymous and aggregated statistics about a specific email blast or campaign.
- Allow us or our third party advertising/marketing vendors to deliver targeted advertising on third party sites.
- Allow us to make the Site more usable and make our customer support better.
- Allow us to deliver to you promotional materials, offers, and other information that we believe would be relevant.
SHARING OF PIIExcept as noted in this Policy, we do not sell or share your PII with any person or entity outside of the Hotel and its management company (Highgate Hotels). We do not share PII with any other parties for direct marketing purposes.
- our reservations service provider to process your reservations;
- our event manager or related service providers who help manage and administer event bookings, catering, etc.;
- our credit card processing entity in order to process your payments;
- our email and communication vendor so it can send out emails and other electronic communications to you on our behalf;
- external information/technology vendors that are needed to operate and maintain our computer system/network;
- outside professional services such as attorneys and accountants;
- outside administrative support services needed to assist with the general operation of the Hotel;
- prize/sweepstakes vendors that assist us with administering and running such events and programs;
- outside agencies needed to process insurance claims;
- outside customer survey providers;
- outside investigators used to investigate accidents and other related and legal issues;
- outside mail carriers to send direct mail to you on our behalf;
- the reservation engine vendor software used to operate the check-in, check-out, and add-on mechanisms on the Site; and
- the providers of services offered at the Hotel such as restaurants and other dining, recreational and sport activities, concierge services, gift shops, and health/gym/spa services.
REVIEW OF COLLECTED PIIIf you would like to review or edit any room reservation made through the Site, or revise the PII collected from you that makes up our customer database, please contact us as set forth at the end of this Policy.
RESPONSE TO "DO NOT TRACK" REQUESTS/SIGNALSAt the present time, we do not respond to nor process "do not track" or similar technical requests not to be tracked.
DATA SECURITY AND RETENTIONWe use, implement, and maintain industry standard technological security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your PII from loss, unauthorized access, or disclosure both in storage/rest and in transmission.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACYThe Site is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older located in the United States. The Site is not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, users younger than 18 years of age. If we learn that any PII was provided through the Site by a person younger than 18 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such PII promptly.
LOCAL COUNTRY PRIVACY RIGHTSDepending on your country and state of residency, you are entitled to request: (a) information regarding your personal information we have collected (including the categories of personal information we have collected, the categories of sources of such information, and the purposes for which we have collected or sold such information); (b) notice of whether we have disclosed your personal information to third parties (and if so, what categories of information we have disclosed, and what categories of third parties we have disclosed it to); (c) a copy of your personal information collected by us in the past 12 months; (d) that your personal information be deleted; and (e) that your personal information not be sold to third parties. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. If you are a California resident, you may also opt-out of the sale of your personal information here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information https://www.thehotelatnewyorkcity.com/. To request such notice, please submit a written request to us (see Contact Information, below). We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request. If we deny your request, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for our determination.
INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTSIf you have any questions or complaints about our data processing practices, please first contact us at as set forth below. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you also have the right to raise your inquiry or complaint with the applicable data protection authority in your home country.
EXTERNAL LINKS AND THIRD PARTY SITESThe Site may contain links to external websites not controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for third party sites. You should consult the privacy policies of those sites for details.
CONTACTIf you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 161 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Phone: Hotel at NYC 1-866-I-OPT-OUT (302) 864-2253 338 Milestone